Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've taken over his tools

Well this year I turned 30 and made a middle-of-the-year New Years resolution to be less fearful of things, or at least to attempt to do things I have previously been too chicken to do. The first thing I did when I made this new resolution was this...

See, I am deathly afraid of snakes and Hubby and I were going to this wildlife sanctuary in Tuttle, OK and you could hold the snakes. We went there about 6 years ago and at the time, you couldn't pay me to even touch it, much less hold the thing. So I figured now that I'm 30 and all grown up, I might as well make an attempt at bravery. I was successful. YAY! Hubby was so proud.

So about a month later, I was online searching for something and came across a link to a site called Knock-Off Wood. Out of curiosity and full blown mommy brain, I cannot for the life of me remember what I was originally googling because this site sucked me in and I haven't been the same since. You see, it was this gorgeous sahm/wife who was building her own furniture and putting the plans on her site with super easy directions so that you can build it too. Never in a million years would I have ever thought it was possible for ME (a scardy-cat girl) to build furniture...like with power tools and saws. I've always been terrified of saws. But I LOVED this furniture she was building and wanted to make some of it myself. I figured if she could do it, then so could I. Boy did she create a monster. Hubby decided he would let me give it a go, so he showed me how to use his table saw and off I went. And I was pretty darn good with it. He was so impressed that he finally went out and bought me a belated 30th birthday present...a sliding compound miter saw. Now I use his tools more than he does. He is so screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment